terça-feira, 5 de setembro de 2017

I guess we are not kids anymore

With life expectancy reaching 100 years old we are taking longer to become adults. The thirties are the new twenties and we try, hopelessly, to hold on to our last moments as "teens." I am totally gilt of doing that.

The "oh-my-God-I-am-old" moment came with my 30th birthday, not only because this number is emblematic for women, but also because from this moment on you are obligated to contribute as a "grown-up." I was in the middle of my masters degree in Germany, looking for an internship, and one of the perks of being a student was the cheaper insurance and the free-of-charge bank account. But that was only until the twenties were over, after that my insurance doubled and my bank was not so nice anymore.


"oh that's cool, now you should start acting like an adult, even if you cannot find a job, you have to pay the grown-up's fee."


Probably I will have to work until 95 before I can retire, being optimistic, but still it is expected that I enter the adults life, suddenly, with terrible welcome presents.

And don't let me even start to narrate other people's opinion about my biological clock.

Nenhum comentário:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...