sexta-feira, 22 de dezembro de 2017

📋 Cool things I like about living in Germany,

that I actually thought I wouldn't like...

You grow up in a society and the society grows up in you, what means that several little, and big, rules of living together become part of yourself. Who would guess that I actually feel relief giving up on certain habits we have in Brazil. Here are some :

- You don't kiss people on the cheek (well you do, if you know the person, or if you want, but it is not a problem if you don't want, just 'give the hand')

- You have to leave a party/event? You don't have to start 30 minutes earlier so you can say goodbye to everybody, also people will not ask you to "stay a bit longer" and engage in a new topic. You can just politelly wave and LEAVE! 👋 (ok, now with some friends that either lived in Brazil, or Latin America, or like latino culture, I need some minutes to just say goodbye)


- Everything has their right time: Lebkuchen is awesome, it smells like Christmas, is sweet, cute. It is a shame that you can only buy it between end of November and Dezember. Or Glühwein, you should only drink it during Weihnachtsmarkt time. I used to think like that, but now I know that that´s what makes them so special. If we could have it any time, half of the fun would be gone.

- Picnic. Maybe that was just not my thing, but I would prefer to go to a restaurant or bar with friends than to seat on the grass and have snacks. But now I even carry a little grill on my bicycle! A long summer day drinking Radler with a lot of different people, sound cooler than bars.

- Mixing alcohol with water or soda. First time I heard about it I was incredulous; "Beer with coke?" but beer with soda our lemon juice is awesome. Specially good to avoid hangover, at least for me!

My list will still grow, but what about yours? Would you add something?

Nenhum comentário:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...